At IMC, we’ve planned an event or two!
In our experience, a corporate function usually requires a little more brainstorming to keep it flowing, fun, and fabulous. Since we’re currently in the midst of planning a couple of these events for our clients, we thought it’d be the perfect time to share a few of our tips!
1. Identify the event goal. What is the main purpose of this occasion? What do you hope to accomplish? What do you want attendees to take away from the evening?
2. You get what you pay for. Exceptional service is a must! Cut back on your food budget by skipping a course or opting for a family style meal before you compromise labor costs. A poor service experience will be a lasting one.
3. Keep it fun! Leave little known facts about the company and its history around the room or on the tables. Maybe break into teams & plan a fun competition! Or consider spicing up the name tags by including a random bit of personal information… for example: “Has 9 siblings” or “Allergic to avocados”. They’ll serve as great conversation starters & may teach everyone a thing or two!
4. If it is a company appreciation event, make it all about the employees! Seat them up front, create 5, 10, 15+ year buttons to represent how long they’ve been with the company, allot a time slot to say a few words that’ll recognize & thank these hard working individuals.
5. Memorable parting gifts. It’s always nice to send everyone home with a little something — especially something branded in company colors or featuring the logo. Whether you decide to individually wrap a cookie/cupcake and serve dessert to-go, or take the mug/paperweight route, something that can be brought home is always thoughtful & appreciated.
We hope a few of these suggestions will help you with the planning of your next event! If you need assistance, do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail or by phone: 860-863-5861.