Does anyone remember our what’s in my desk blog!? So many people loved it, and so back by popular demand, we present what’s in my bag! We know you’re dying to know…
An oversized tote is a work essential for me. This reversible (YES!) bag comfortably holds my laptop, planner, and other day-to-day items with plenty of room to spare. Check out a similar one here:
My MacBook and I are pretty much inseparable. As a graphic designer, I find Apple to be the most compatible & user friendly operating system for all my creative programs and projects (sorry PC fans!)
This little pouch actually came with the tote & is the perfect size to store my endlessly multiplying supply of lipsticks/glosses/balms – you name it! I think a matte lip is the perfect way to add a subtle pop of color & complete any professional look.
I cannot tell you how obsessed with this planner I am. It’s part of the MAMBI ‘Happy Planner’ collection & is basically the best thing to happen since sliced bread. The ‘Happy Planner’ line also features a variety of stickers, washi tape, post-it notes & SO much more that allow you to completely personalize your planner. The monthly spreads are the perfect way to view your month at a glance & quickly record any meetings or events. I like to use the weekly spreads to create daily to-do lists or take little notes throughout the day.
Blue Diamond smokehouse almonds – the perfect mid-day snack. Pro-tip: Mix them with some craisins for a quick & easy trail mix!
DUNKIN DONUTS COFFEE CARD:
Have you heard about the current coffee card deal at Dunkin Donuts? 10 large hot coffees/teas for just $15.99!
An essential for bright, wintry days! I picked up these up at Target.
This is such a lifesaver for days on the go! All those Instagram pictures & Facebook status updates take a toll on my iPhone battery. This charger allows me to power up my phone while I’m out and about.
This Copic fine point pen is perfect for quick sketches or notes!
I like to keep extra hair ties, a clip, & brush with me at all times. Sometimes you just need to rock that ponytail.
My go to work bag is always my Kate Spade tote! Its the perfect size to hold my laptop and all of my day to day goodies. I love that the size isn’t too big! Everyone says the “oops a daisy” quote goes along perfectly with my personality!
My go to wallets are always from Tory Burch. I love all of the color options and the durability. I take it everywhere I go, and even use it as a clutch when I’m out and about! I have the patented continental wallet, but here’s a similar option on the website!
Kate Spade wins again with this planner!I love the size of it, and of course all of her little sayings. I think that she is my go to designer of the moment. I hate big planners that take up too much space in your bag (I also have a tough time keeping up with them) so the more compact the better! (Ps. New Years goal is to get a happy planner like Jenna’s.) I love to write down client meetings and weekly goals I want to accomplish, on top of Image Instagram posts!
All of my daily products in one convenient pouch, when all of my cosmetics actually make it back into the case! Sometimes they just end up floating around my bag. A PR girl has to have her lipstick, coverup, and eyeliner on the run! My top two faves are the Urban Decay pencil eyeliner, and peppermint hand cream!
I always have my sunglasses with me! These Tory Burch are my “vintage pair” because they are about 5 years old! But you can’t beat the classic black framed glasses.
I’m always taking notes and jotting down ideas! At any given time I could have one pen, and of course when I need it I can’t find it, or 10. It’s so important to write things down, no one can remember everything!
A black handbag is a must in every woman’s closet. It matches with every outfit and is the perfect accessory. I use mine mainly for work, and it perfectly holds my Macbook Pro, endless snacks and anything else I may need for the day.
My 13” Macbook Pro with Retina display holds my life. From all my personal projects to client work, this laptop is a vital part of my life. It’s slick, light weight and has enough storage to hold all my graphic design projects.
Constantly being on the go, I always find part of the office coming along with me. This way when I’m not at the desk, I can still be organized and have everything I need. From my folders, notebook and plethora of pens, I always have what I need right by my side.
A big wallet is a must have for me, I need everything to have its own little slot. Most importantly I need to have room to store the collection of business cards I pick up from places I go. I found this vintage Louis at market in Orange County, and its my everyday go to clutch/wallet!
My go to scent has always been Mac Jacobs Daisy. Daisy is a light, floral and playful scent, which is perfect for any woman on the go. It’s a product I’ve been using for months on end, and although it’s not the cheapest of perfumes, it is worth every penny.
To be continued…
Graphic design has been in high demand from our clients, and we needed to add a new member to our team! Welcome our new graphic designer Edyta! Between all of our holiday campaigns and other client work, she has already been such an asset to the team!
Edyta studied at Central Connecticut University and majored in Graphic design and Marketing. She had an internship at the New Britain Museum of Art and did local design after graduating. Edyta has always loved art, and knew that design would be the perfect career for her.
Here’s a little bit more about her:
Why did you want to join the IMC team? I wanted to get more experience with a professional team with diverse clients. I felt like I could be a great addition to the team. I really liked the design style that we have and the I knew that my style of design would fit in perfectly.
What do you look forward to accomplishing at IMC? I want to work hands on with clients and help them get the best work for them. I want them to know the best design for their industry. I like to talk to them about what they want from their designs.
What do you like most about the work you do? I love that I can be creative. I’m a computer designer, I almost never sketch things out before I start making them. Designing web and print.
Her top 3 design tips:
- Be organized! Use folders and folders and folders.
- Don’t be afraid to step out of the box and be creative
- Challenge yourself! Work with new programs and always learn new design trends.
What would your ideal free day be with an unlimited budget? I would go to a spa and just treat myself to a relaxing day.
Favorite item of clothing? Oversized sweaters
Favorite animal? White Jaguar
Sweet or Savory? Sweet! Nothing beats glazed Krispy Kreme donuts right out of the oven!
Things you can do for hours and never get sick of: Read books by a fireplace or candle light.
Go to drink order: Carmel coffee with skim milk & a shot of espresso.
Favorite holiday? Christmas
It’s not too late to get your holiday marketing plan together. Businesses can always use new ideas to market themselves, especially around this time of year.
There are a few things that you can be implementing into your daily business marketing today to help with the upcoming month. Sometimes, posts to clients and customers can become stale, the social reach might go down on your pages, and deals that you have available aren’t attracting as many people as planned.
This is the perfect time to come up with better deals and add some holiday creative to your storefront, ads, and social posts.
For some help we came up with 5 holiday marketing ideas you can use today!
1.Black Friday Idea: Black Friday is only days away, and if you haven’t made an ad or deal yet, it’s not too late. Facebook boosted posts can go up the day that you make them! Giving you a few more days to advertise the deals that you are offering. Find a high resolution stock picture (we like unsplash.com the photos are 100% free!) and use that as the picture for your post or create a graphic. The higher the resolution of the picture, the more people see it. Then come up with wording that is less than 140 characters. You can boost for as cheap as $1, but in this time crunch $100 or more will be more beneficial to you.
2. Market Yourself: Your business will be busy with Holiday parties and charity events this time of year. Are any of the things that you do newsworthy? If they are, let the press know what your business is up to. Or, you can post it on your social media, it is always a good idea to show your clients or customers what you do outside of the office! Putting this information into a newsletter or blog post can also be beneficial.
3.Update Social: Social media is one of the of the easiest things you can update. Put up a fun cover photo, or profile picture that is festive! Schedule posts for all of the upcoming holiday dates, which saves you time, and helps keep coverage consistent.
4. Create a New Ad for the month of December: If you advertise in a magazine, online, or in a penny saver, update your month of deals. A professional clean cut ad is very important. It can be fun for the holidays, but it can also look updated for your business. Hiring a professional can be beneficial for this.
5.Give back to the Community: This time of year is the time of giving. Get your office or business to go to the soup kitchen, make a donation to clothing drive, or decorate a tree like we did for a Tree of Hope event! It’s a good way for your community to see that you are involved.
If you need any help this holiday season, feel free to reach out to us.
- I attend Naugatuck Valley Community college. I have been attending for 5 semesters, and I major in Digital arts/ Graphic Design. I have many goals in the design industry, however I’d be very interested in having my own name brand or making album covers for famous singers/songwriters.
- I wanted to join the Image Marketing Company team to professionally expand my knowledge, experience, and happiness within the design industry. I also want to give the company my input and help them perform the best we possibly can as a team to exceed our clients expectations.
- I look forward to learning to work with real clients and companies professionally by giving them exactly what they want, but with my own twist to it. I want to learn to work within time frames to be able to get a better understanding of what a job will consist of in the future. I also want to learn to work very precisely and clean!
- My favorite thing about my own work is how unique it is. I try to draw and design things in which no one thinks of. I like to be able to create something that is on my mind, and let people take their own perspective on it.
- My three top intern tips are to focus, apply, and conquer. Focusing is important because design work takes time and is very tedious. You must pay very close attention to what you are working on to make it perfect for your clients. You have to fully apply yourself and dedicate your time and energy into working the hardest you possibly can; otherwise you will not grow as much as you can. Conquer your work, and be proud of it!
- I cannot leave the house without my cellphone!
Favorite food: bacon, ice cream, my daily coffee, and pizza!
Cat or dog: Both, I’ve grown up with both my whole life so I can’t decide!
Savory or sweet: I’ve got a big sweet tooth.
Beach or mountains: Beach please
Instagram or Snapchat: Instagram
Most-used app on your phone: Instagram and snapchat
What do you like to read and watch: I’m not a fan of reading but my favorite shows are Pretty Little Liars, and The Walking Dead!
In 2016, you’re most excited for: New beginnings, moving on, and becoming successful!