Part of being a college student is participating in internships along the way. Whether it’s with a large corporation or a smaller company, your goal is to try your best and take away as much as possible during your time there. Not only are internships resume builders, they’re a great way to learn valuable skills from people in your field! It’s not just about landing the internship but about what you do during your time there. Here’s a list of tips from our very own IMC intern that can help you shine!
A new year means new trends! Marketing efforts have increased exponentially over the years to allow brands to grab and hold on to the customer’s attention. Let’s discuss a few of these forecasted marketing trends for the 2018 year below. Have you seen any on the rise?
1. Mobile video – It’s no secret that people are streaming music, social media, and the internet more on their phones than on traditional computers. Mobile videos have become increasingly popular. You’ve seen it yourself-ads before every YouTube video, mobile ads in the middle of Facebook videos, and Snapchat story ads too. It’s becoming a well-known way to reach a certain type of audience-especially an audience through social media.
2. Artificial intelligence – It seems as though everyone freaks out when they hear the words “artificial intelligence” but don’t worry, we aren’t talking about crazy robots that’ll rule the world! Artificial intelligence is being incorporated more and more into ecommerce efforts. Quality content can be better delivered if you have a more personalized idea of your consumer. Many retailers like Macy’s “personal shopping assistant” and Amazon’s cashierless grocery store are incorporating AI to boost their e-commerce.
3. Experiential Retail – Although it’s extremely early to exactly measure AI’s effectiveness and ROI, companies are continuing to use it in hopes of improving their online presence. However, in store experience is now a trend too. Urban Outfitters invited a pizza shop into one of their stores in an effort to improve customer experience and maintain in-store traffic. They then implemented incentives in their rewards programs such as loyalty points and exclusive in-store events. Tommy Bahama stores have also added a bar into many of their locations. Experiential retail is becoming a major trend that you can expect to see in many stores in hopes to improve your shopping experience.
4. Blogs – A “blog” tab on a company’s website is becoming more and more common. Brands and companies are creating blogs and incorporating their own company’s ideas, brand techniques, and marketing perspectives. Blogs have become a way to virtually walk a consumer through a brand’s experience and thoughts.
5. Customer Priority– By the points we’ve made throughout this blogpost, hopefully you’ve seen an emerging pattern by now- the customer is your #1 priority. Brands are coming to the conclusion that the customer is key as competition across all industries is booming at a constant pace. Word of mouth is powerful marketing tool. Your brand is likely to be viewed in a positive light by keeping the customer constantly satisfied across multiple platforms.
The beginning of October has signaled the start of holiday preparation. Retailers and businesses have begun to plan for the holidays. If you’re a little behind schedule, don’t worry. It’s not too late to create a holiday marketing plan for your business or brand.
In the upcoming holiday months, marketing on social media is a key component to promoting your brand. Here are some ideas to help keep your posts trendy, up-to-date, and ready for the holidays.
We are thrilled to welcome Erica to Image Marketing Consultants! Erica became a member of IMC in late Spring, and joined the design team as a Junior Graphic Designer. Erica’s love of graphic design stemmed from a greeting card business that she created on Etsy. She decided to pursue this passion and obtained her degree from Central Connecticut State University in Graphic Information Design, with a minor in Communications.
Get to know more about Erica
We get it. Some work days just seem like they are dragging along. Your productivity has hit an all time low, and you find your eyes glued to the clock waiting for it to reach 5:00. There are many days when our design team’s growing to-do list seems to never end, and when our office needs a pick-me up to refresh and recharge. Music is what helps us stay motivated and energized. We like to mix up the songs we listen to, and try out new genres. Here are the songs that we love that help us “face the music” and get to work:
The number 10 holds a significant place in the world. The Bill of Rights is comprised of 10 amendments to the Constitution. A telephone number including the area code is 10 digits long. A decade is defined as a combination of 10 years, and in 2017 Image Marketing Consultants celebrated this milestone, reaching its 10th anniversary in business.
President Kate Sirignano felt that owning her own company would allow her to better balance her work life. She dreamed of being a business owner from a young age, and fulfilled that dream at just 23 years old with the creation of Image Marketing Consultants. The company was born as an event-marketing agency-an industry where Kate thought her business could thrive and expand.