It’s so hard to believe that my last day as an intern at Image has arrived. Since January, I’ve been a part of such an amazing team and have gained so much knowledge and experience in the field I want to pursue. While it’s a sad moment to be leaving such a great company, I’m looking forward to graduating and starting my life! For this blog post, I thought I’d share some of the things I’ve learned in my few months here.
IMC is comprised of different teams that all come with their individual unique strengths; it’s the root of our success! But this is also where our different titles come into play. IMC is composed of our PR team and our graphic design team, all led by our President (and founder), Kate! In today’s blog, we decided to break it down and take a closer look at what life is like for our PR team- specifically, a closer look at our digital marketing coordinator, Amanda! Do you want to know what it feels like to be a digital marketing coordinator for a day? Let’s take a look at a day in the life of Amanda’s daily routine.
This season has been a busy one for IMC; event planning, social media campaigns, and taking on new clients. As we head into Q2, we decided to take the time to reflect on some highlights from the past three months: IMC’s Top Three! Here’s a look at events from January through March that we thought deserved an honorable mention in our blog.
We kicked off the new year by adding a new client to our list: The Carlton Group! From social media to graphic design, we have been fortunate enough to work with this retail real estate company and contribute to their growth through campaigns and digital media strategy. We’ve been getting a jump on social media advertising and event coordinating for one of their shopping plazas in Secaucus, NJ: The Plaza at Harmon Meadow!
Social media is no longer an option when it comes to your marketing plan. It’s become a necessity that can either bring your company to the top or have it remain stagnant. There are many different social media channels that we use to market different types of content. One of our biggest marketing platforms, however, is Instagram. We have our very own Instagram strategy here at IMC and we put together a list of tips on how to build and maintain a great Instagram page for your business.
We all know that networking is extremely important and beneficial for us. LinkedIn has especially boomed over the past few years, becoming one of the most popular forms of networking. It is an engaging social media platform, excellent marketing tool, and a job listing space all in one. Connecting with professionals in your field has never been easier…or has it gotten harder? LinkedIn is growing at a rapid pace and so are its standards. Here’s how to make the most out of your Linkedin profile and keep it in great shape.
Part of being a college student is participating in internships along the way. Whether it’s with a large corporation or a smaller company, your goal is to try your best and take away as much as possible during your time there. Not only are internships resume builders, they’re a great way to learn valuable skills from people in your field! It’s not just about landing the internship but about what you do during your time there. Here’s a list of tips from our very own IMC intern that can help you shine!
One of the greatest things about living digitally is having everything you need and enjoy right at your fingertips, including some of your favorite apps. As we continue to embrace the digital age, more and more apps are surfacing. We’re an office of avid smartphone users and we’re sharing our favorite go-to apps that make work a little easier (and more entertaining)!
If there’s any holiday that requires candles, it’s Valentine’s Day! Many of you might be busy buying chocolates, flowers, and other gifts for your significant other (or Galentine’s Day friend,) but what about giving the most subtle and lovely gift of all? Enticing scents are at every corner! Don’t worry if your candle collection isn’t as extravagant as you’d like it to be. We’ve got you covered with tips for Valentine’s Day and how to decorate. It’s time to fill the air with love!
Super Bowl Sunday: one game generating one hundred million viewers. For avid sports watchers, it’s a huge championship filled with intense rivalry. For others, it’s a time to sing and dance along with Justin Timberlake during his halftime show. But for us advertisers, Super Bowl Sunday is all about the commercials. It’s probably the biggest night in advertising. It is estimated that for a 30-second commercial spot, companies are paying an outstanding $5 million!
A new year means new trends! Marketing efforts have increased exponentially over the years to allow brands to grab and hold on to the customer’s attention. Let’s discuss a few of these forecasted marketing trends for the 2018 year below. Have you seen any on the rise?
1. Mobile video – It’s no secret that people are streaming music, social media, and the internet more on their phones than on traditional computers. Mobile videos have become increasingly popular. You’ve seen it yourself-ads before every YouTube video, mobile ads in the middle of Facebook videos, and Snapchat story ads too. It’s becoming a well-known way to reach a certain type of audience-especially an audience through social media.
2. Artificial intelligence – It seems as though everyone freaks out when they hear the words “artificial intelligence” but don’t worry, we aren’t talking about crazy robots that’ll rule the world! Artificial intelligence is being incorporated more and more into ecommerce efforts. Quality content can be better delivered if you have a more personalized idea of your consumer. Many retailers like Macy’s “personal shopping assistant” and Amazon’s cashierless grocery store are incorporating AI to boost their e-commerce.
3. Experiential Retail – Although it’s extremely early to exactly measure AI’s effectiveness and ROI, companies are continuing to use it in hopes of improving their online presence. However, in store experience is now a trend too. Urban Outfitters invited a pizza shop into one of their stores in an effort to improve customer experience and maintain in-store traffic. They then implemented incentives in their rewards programs such as loyalty points and exclusive in-store events. Tommy Bahama stores have also added a bar into many of their locations. Experiential retail is becoming a major trend that you can expect to see in many stores in hopes to improve your shopping experience.
4. Blogs – A “blog” tab on a company’s website is becoming more and more common. Brands and companies are creating blogs and incorporating their own company’s ideas, brand techniques, and marketing perspectives. Blogs have become a way to virtually walk a consumer through a brand’s experience and thoughts.
5. Customer Priority– By the points we’ve made throughout this blogpost, hopefully you’ve seen an emerging pattern by now- the customer is your #1 priority. Brands are coming to the conclusion that the customer is key as competition across all industries is booming at a constant pace. Word of mouth is powerful marketing tool. Your brand is likely to be viewed in a positive light by keeping the customer constantly satisfied across multiple platforms.