One of the greatest things about living digitally is having everything you need and enjoy right at your fingertips, including some of your favorite apps. As we continue to embrace the digital age, more and more apps are surfacing. We’re an office of avid smartphone users and we’re sharing our favorite go-to apps that make work a little easier (and more entertaining)!
If there’s any holiday that requires candles, it’s Valentine’s Day! Many of you might be busy buying chocolates, flowers, and other gifts for your significant other (or Galentine’s Day friend,) but what about giving the most subtle and lovely gift of all? Enticing scents are at every corner! Don’t worry if your candle collection isn’t as extravagant as you’d like it to be. We’ve got you covered with tips for Valentine’s Day and how to decorate. It’s time to fill the air with love!
Super Bowl Sunday: one game generating one hundred million viewers. For avid sports watchers, it’s a huge championship filled with intense rivalry. For others, it’s a time to sing and dance along with Justin Timberlake during his halftime show. But for us advertisers, Super Bowl Sunday is all about the commercials. It’s probably the biggest night in advertising. It is estimated that for a 30-second commercial spot, companies are paying an outstanding $5 million!
A new year means new trends! Marketing efforts have increased exponentially over the years to allow brands to grab and hold on to the customer’s attention. Let’s discuss a few of these forecasted marketing trends for the 2018 year below. Have you seen any on the rise?
1. Mobile video – It’s no secret that people are streaming music, social media, and the internet more on their phones than on traditional computers. Mobile videos have become increasingly popular. You’ve seen it yourself-ads before every YouTube video, mobile ads in the middle of Facebook videos, and Snapchat story ads too. It’s becoming a well-known way to reach a certain type of audience-especially an audience through social media.
2. Artificial intelligence – It seems as though everyone freaks out when they hear the words “artificial intelligence” but don’t worry, we aren’t talking about crazy robots that’ll rule the world! Artificial intelligence is being incorporated more and more into ecommerce efforts. Quality content can be better delivered if you have a more personalized idea of your consumer. Many retailers like Macy’s “personal shopping assistant” and Amazon’s cashierless grocery store are incorporating AI to boost their e-commerce.
3. Experiential Retail – Although it’s extremely early to exactly measure AI’s effectiveness and ROI, companies are continuing to use it in hopes of improving their online presence. However, in store experience is now a trend too. Urban Outfitters invited a pizza shop into one of their stores in an effort to improve customer experience and maintain in-store traffic. They then implemented incentives in their rewards programs such as loyalty points and exclusive in-store events. Tommy Bahama stores have also added a bar into many of their locations. Experiential retail is becoming a major trend that you can expect to see in many stores in hopes to improve your shopping experience.
4. Blogs – A “blog” tab on a company’s website is becoming more and more common. Brands and companies are creating blogs and incorporating their own company’s ideas, brand techniques, and marketing perspectives. Blogs have become a way to virtually walk a consumer through a brand’s experience and thoughts.
5. Customer Priority– By the points we’ve made throughout this blogpost, hopefully you’ve seen an emerging pattern by now- the customer is your #1 priority. Brands are coming to the conclusion that the customer is key as competition across all industries is booming at a constant pace. Word of mouth is powerful marketing tool. Your brand is likely to be viewed in a positive light by keeping the customer constantly satisfied across multiple platforms.
The new year is ushering in a brand new revamped blog for Image Marketing! We couldn’t think of a better way to begin than with a blog post about Elena, our newest intern! Elena is a native of Derby, CT and is in her senior year at Southern Connecticut State University. She is pursuing a degree in communications with a concentration in advertising and promotions, and a minor in marketing. We are so excited to welcome Elena to the team, and are looking forward to her help in bringing new and creative content to our blog.
Scroll down to learn a little bit more about Elena:
What aspects of your internship are you looking forward to?:
I am really looking forward to working on the blog. I am also excited about working on social media analytics because that is something I’ve never done before.
What is your favorite thing about your major in college?: read more…
Did you catch Kate on WTNH today? She was on-air this morning to share some last-minute gift ideas for the people that are still left on your list.
Our go-to candle company, Kringle, is located in Massachusetts and known for their beautiful all-white candles. You can choose between 75 fragrances and their white wax will fit every decor scheme. Some of the best-selling scents this season are “Winter Wonderland”, “Christmas”, and “Jingle All The Way,” and will make your home smell extra fragrant throughout the holidays.
While you’re shopping at Kringle, you can grab a bite to eat at their Farm Table restaurant, and pick up some jams and apple butter. Food gifts make great last-minute presents because who doesn’t like to eat? Apple butter, onion spreads, and raspberry jam go great with pastries or crackers and make the perfect hors d’oeuvre for holiday parties.
The year might be winding down, but we are ramping up with increased work for our clients. Our office is decked out in Christmas decorations, and we are enjoying the scents of the season thanks to the fragrances of Kringle candles. As we gear up for the end of 2017, we thought we would look back on what we were up to these few weeks.
November 15th is America Recycles Day!
As our team expands, our overall amount of disposable waste grows with us. Think about the amount a typical 9-5 office worker consumes each day: plastic iced coffee cups, straws, plastic lids, post-it notes, cardboard boxes and dozens of handfuls of scrapped paper. The majority of what goes in our trash cans can be recycled, so we decided to make a change.
Within the last month, we realized that there was more we could be doing as a company to lessen our carbon footprint with a few simple transitions. Below are three ways that we’re reducing, reusing and recycling as a company: read more…
Everything has been “falling” into place for us during these past two months. We are embracing the season with scented candles and pumpkin spiced coffee in the office, and are all heavily involved in up and coming projects for the holidays. Take a peek at what’s been consuming our days below:
-Apple Harvest Festival:
The entire group volunteered alongside the Rotary Club of Southington at the renowned Apple Harvest Festival in September. We donned our aprons and served up some french fries from our booth. Hungry attendees could choose between curly and regular fries, with a pallette of different toppings. Mozzarella sticks were also offered for those that preferred something cheesy. We even got to sample the infamous apple fritters-hot out of the fryer.
We’re a marketing agency focused on meeting deadlines (and expectations) for our clients. Image Marketing’s public relations team is always looking for tools that will make our jobs easier when we’re tasked with creative work. We’re constantly talking about the latest tool or app that can help us design modern, Pinterest-y looking images for our clients.
Yes, Pinterest-y is an adjective in our office.
On any given day, we could be working on projects for 5 different clients at once. On Monday we could be mocking up a stylish new email template. Wednesday might call for finding new social media images for the weekend’s posts. We research to find images that complement each brand while doing it quickly (especially as the holiday season approaches).
Here are the top 5 design tools that we’ve been loving for our projects lately. They’re all user-friendly, modern, and help us do what we do best: make your brand shine visually. All have our stamp of approval as safe & trustworthy applications.
Rapid, effective and fun wireframing software
We’ve introduced Balsamiq to several friends and coworkers that need help with website redesign projects. Imagine a digital version of a whiteboard used to create your site’s new skeleton. Instead of bringing your vision to life with dry-erase markers, Balsamiq lets you do it all online by selecting hundreds of common website buttons and tools to draw out your new site. Some buttons that we love are the social media icons, radio buttons, a search bar, and a shopping bag icon for checkout. It’s a wireframe tool, so it outlines a general visual of what you want your site to look like. read more…