A professional woman’s toolbox is her space at the office. We spend most of our week here, and we always make sure that we have early single thing that we need. Combined with the items in our purse, we can survive any day. If you need some inspiration for your own desk, take a peek in ours!
Here are Alexa’s desk essentials! Can you tell she does PR and social media?
- Sunglasses: It’s always a good idea to be ready on the go! My Ray Ban’s are my go to glasses.
- Its all about the Image! I keep a business card or two in my desk for a quick reference to numbers and emails.
- I open most of the mail that comes through the office, if you don’t have one of these, I highly recommend one.
- I’m always ready to staple!
- A good pair of scissors is perfect for creative projects.
- My iPhone: I always have this with me, no matter where I go, you never know when good Instagram or Facebook content pops up! (Love my Lilly case?)
- Stickies: organization is key, cute organization, even better!
- I love to highlight, take notes, and mark pages. We all have our go to highlighting colors. Mine is definitely pink.
- Paper clips: I’m obsessed with trendy office supplies, if you can’t tell! Find them at Target.
Up next is Kate! Her desk matches her professionalism and classic style. All of the essentials of a boss worthy workspace.
- Gotta stay hydrated! I love drinking water from my hot pink Image Marketing tumbler.
- This scented lotion from Bath and Body Works was in a gift bag from one of our clients. It’s the perfect floral scent and keeps my hands soft – double win.
- A signed contract is still sitting on my desk from a new client that joined us last week. It’s waiting to be filed away!
- Even though I’m not good at creating lists, I try to think that this cute notepad inspires me to write notes to myself!
- I keep an eyeshadow palette at work for those crazy mornings when I don’t have time to do it at home.
- I’m obsessed with these black Kate Spade sunglasses and keep a pair with me at all times.
- We always have a candle burning in the office, and this mini one doesn’t take up too much room on my desk.
- My Rotarian Magazine comes every month and I leave it on my desk so I remember to read it!
- I prefer the old school calculator with the big buttons for when I’m calculating hourly rates and media buys!
- Of course my Payless Comfort Plus kitten heels in this pretty yellow for summer. Usually I kick them off under my desk but I actually have them on today!
Jenna, our graphic designer, is amazingly organized!
- This little mosaic dish holds all of my miscellaneous supplies – paper clips, binder clips, hair clips – you name it!
- I swear by Aveeno lotions – this travel size is perfect for keeping my hands moisturized throughout the day.
- Fine point pens are a necessity for sketching out logo & layout ideas for clients. Micron pens are a personal favorite of mine & these Stabilo pens have a wide range of bright colors that make adding in a pop of color easy-peasy.
- Pink hand-sanitizer that comes with a cute saying? Yes, please. Clever packaging can make all the difference in sales.
- Burt’s bees chapstick is both functional & sustainable. This tinted lip balm hydrates my lips and adds just enough color to complete my professional look. #savethebees
- This mini sewing kit comes in handy when a loose thread, ripped seam, or missing button threatens to ruin my day.
- Colorful post-it notes & notepads help keep me organized throughout the work week. I use them to write down project deadlines, color #s, & daily reminders.
Our Intern, Katherine, already has her desk essentials ready to go!
- A ruler, to satisfy any artistic cravings, or even if I need to measure / draw a straight line.
- Sharpies are my go to marker for labeling things.
- Scotch tape, because I make a lot of mistakes!
- I leave an extra pair of sunglasses at work, in case I forget mine at home.
- These pens have been my favorite for years!
- This travel-sized lotion is the best for if (when) I forget to lotion in the morning, and it smells like coconuts, which reminds me of summertime.
- A pretty daily “to-do” list so I can visualize everything.
- Highlighters give me life. I have to highlight all of my utmost important notes. I like small one’s, so they don’t take up too much space.
- This flash drive has my entire life backed up. I’m big on backing things up.
- Mini Post-It’s are cute reminders to help me prioritize.
We hope you gained a few new ideas to stock up your desk!