If there’s any holiday that requires candles, it’s Valentine’s Day! Many of you might be busy buying chocolates, flowers, and other gifts for your significant other (or Galentine’s Day friend,) but what about giving the most subtle and lovely gift of all? Enticing scents are at every corner! Don’t worry if your candle collection isn’t as extravagant as you’d like it to be. We’ve got you covered with tips for Valentine’s Day and how to decorate. It’s time to fill the air with love!
Super Bowl Sunday: one game generating one hundred million viewers. For avid sports watchers, it’s a huge championship filled with intense rivalry. For others, it’s a time to sing and dance along with Justin Timberlake during his halftime show. But for us advertisers, Super Bowl Sunday is all about the commercials. It’s probably the biggest night in advertising. It is estimated that for a 30-second commercial spot, companies are paying an outstanding $5 million!
A new year means new trends! Marketing efforts have increased exponentially over the years to allow brands to grab and hold on to the customer’s attention. Let’s discuss a few of these forecasted marketing trends for the 2018 year below. Have you seen any on the rise?
1. Mobile video – It’s no secret that people are streaming music, social media, and the internet more on their phones than on traditional computers. Mobile videos have become increasingly popular. You’ve seen it yourself-ads before every YouTube video, mobile ads in the middle of Facebook videos, and Snapchat story ads too. It’s becoming a well-known way to reach a certain type of audience-especially an audience through social media.
2. Artificial intelligence – It seems as though everyone freaks out when they hear the words “artificial intelligence” but don’t worry, we aren’t talking about crazy robots that’ll rule the world! Artificial intelligence is being incorporated more and more into ecommerce efforts. Quality content can be better delivered if you have a more personalized idea of your consumer. Many retailers like Macy’s “personal shopping assistant” and Amazon’s cashierless grocery store are incorporating AI to boost their e-commerce.
3. Experiential Retail – Although it’s extremely early to exactly measure AI’s effectiveness and ROI, companies are continuing to use it in hopes of improving their online presence. However, in store experience is now a trend too. Urban Outfitters invited a pizza shop into one of their stores in an effort to improve customer experience and maintain in-store traffic. They then implemented incentives in their rewards programs such as loyalty points and exclusive in-store events. Tommy Bahama stores have also added a bar into many of their locations. Experiential retail is becoming a major trend that you can expect to see in many stores in hopes to improve your shopping experience.
4. Blogs – A “blog” tab on a company’s website is becoming more and more common. Brands and companies are creating blogs and incorporating their own company’s ideas, brand techniques, and marketing perspectives. Blogs have become a way to virtually walk a consumer through a brand’s experience and thoughts.
5. Customer Priority– By the points we’ve made throughout this blogpost, hopefully you’ve seen an emerging pattern by now- the customer is your #1 priority. Brands are coming to the conclusion that the customer is key as competition across all industries is booming at a constant pace. Word of mouth is powerful marketing tool. Your brand is likely to be viewed in a positive light by keeping the customer constantly satisfied across multiple platforms.
The new year is ushering in a brand new revamped blog for Image Marketing! We couldn’t think of a better way to begin than with a blog post about Elena, our newest intern! Elena is a native of Derby, CT and is in her senior year at Southern Connecticut State University. She is pursuing a degree in communications with a concentration in advertising and promotions, and a minor in marketing. We are so excited to welcome Elena to the team, and are looking forward to her help in bringing new and creative content to our blog.
Scroll down to learn a little bit more about Elena:
What aspects of your internship are you looking forward to?:
I am really looking forward to working on the blog. I am also excited about working on social media analytics because that is something I’ve never done before.
What is your favorite thing about your major in college?: (more…)
The year might be winding down, but we are ramping up with increased work for our clients. Our office is decked out in Christmas decorations, and we are enjoying the scents of the season thanks to the fragrances of Kringle candles. As we gear up for the end of 2017, we thought we would look back on what we were up to these few weeks.