Marketing and Events Intern
Image Marketing Consultants is currently seeking ambitious, creative, and detail-oriented interns to assist our team for Summer 2022 as a Marketing and Events Intern!
This is a great opportunity to gain experience working with a dynamic, growing marketing agency. Image Marketing is a full-service marketing and PR agency based in Southington, working primarily with clients throughout the U.S. in the retail and lifestyle industries. This intern will have the opportunity to learn the ropes of social media marketing by supporting accounts for clients in the shopping center industry. You will work directly with both our Account Management and Creative teams, with a primary focus on social media copywriting – creating compelling captions/written content for Instagram and Facebook.
We are looking for students who are studying marketing/communications, journalism, creative writing, or another related field and are eager to learn all about the world of social media marketing within an agency environment. You will draft the written copy for social media posts and learn to curate/create engaging visual content, all while learning about brand voice and overall social media strategy. Additionally, you’ll attend a variety of local events including concerts, influencer collaborations, grand openings, TV segments, and more. Our ideal candidate is creative, responsible, self-motivated, and a skilled writer with the proven ability to create compelling content!
This is a semester-long, unpaid internship. Time commitment is flexible and is determined by candidates’ availability.
- Write compelling captions (and other content as assigned) for social media posts (under the direction of the Account Manager/Creative Director)
- Attend a variety of local events assisting with planning and production, content creation, and other tasks as needed
- Learn more about the strategy that goes into creating engaging social content, particularly crafting a brand’s tone of voice
- Assist our Social Media Account Manager on additional duties as needed (may include research, sourcing visual content, reporting on data, posting content, engaging on social platforms, and administrative duties)
- Has a passion for the retail/shopping industry
- Lives & breaths social media! Is up-to-date with the latest social trends and best practices; likes to be the first to test out new platforms and features when they launch; follows best-in-class brands to stay inspired and loves to work trending content seamlessly into various campaigns and strategies.
- Is a story-teller at heart with a passion for writing and content creation
- Is a highly organized self-starter who can work independently
- Also has a collaborative attitude and isn’t afraid to jump in to help
- Solid understanding of social media platforms (specifically Instagram and Facebook) and best practices
- Some knowledge/experience writing for social media platforms
- A writing portfolio/sample of content including social media copywriting is a plus
Apply by sending a resume and cover letter to Info@imagemarketingconsultants.com