Social Media Account Assistant
Image Marketing Consultants is currently seeking ambitious, creative, and detail-oriented interns to assist our social media team for the fall 2021 semester as a Social Media Account Assistant!
This is a great opportunity to gain experience working with a dynamic, growing marketing agency. Image Marketing Consultants is a full-service marketing and PR agency based in Plantsville, working primarily with clients throughout the U.S. in the retail and lifestyle industries. This intern will have the opportunity to learn the ropes of social media marketing by supporting accounts for clients in the shopping center industry. You will work directly with both our Account Management and Creative teams, with a primary focus on social media copywriting – creating compelling captions/written content for Instagram and Facebook.
We are looking for students who are studying marketing/communications, journalism, creative writing, or another related field and are eager to learn all about the world of social media marketing within an agency environment. You will draft the written copy for social media posts and learn to curate/create engaging visual content, all while learning about brand voice and overall social media strategy. Our ideal candidate is creative, self-motivated, and a skilled writer with the proven ability to create compelling content!
This is a semester-long, unpaid internship. We are flexible on the time commitment/number of hours per week depending on the candidate’s availability.
What You’ll Do
- Write compelling captions (and other content as assigned) for social media posts (under direction of the Account Manager/Creative Director)
- Learn more about the strategy that goes into creating engaging social content, particularly crafting a brand’s tone of voice
- Assist our Social Media Account Manager on additional duties as needed (may include research, sourcing visual content, reporting on data, posting content, engaging on social platforms, and administrative duties)
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has a passion for the retail/shopping industry
- Lives & breaths social media! Is up-to-date with the latest social trends and best practices; likes to be the first to test out new platforms and features when they launch; follows best-in-class brands to stay inspired and loves to work trending content seamlessly into various campaigns and strategies.
- Is a story-teller at heart with a passion for writing and content creation
- Is a highly organized self-starter who can work independently
- Also has a collaborative attitude and isn’t afraid to jump in to help
- Solid understanding of social media platforms (specifically Instagram and Facebook) and best practices
- Some knowledge/experience writing for social media platforms
- A writing portfolio/samples of content including social media copywriting is a plus
To Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and any examples of your work (i.e. social media content creation, writing samples) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.