What does your company do to reach out to your employees and clients? There are many options for this – social media, email, mailings, or an online newsletter. Your company can do all of the above, but a great way to know that you are getting in touch with your audience is to use an e-newsletter!
For many of our clients, we create a monthly or quarterly newsletter to send out! The service that we like to use is Constant Contact. The website is accessable, the templates are clean and easily customizable, and the analytics show up as soon as you send your newsletter out.
A newsletter can benefit any company! If you are sending out emails to your employees all the time, it might be easier to put all of that information into a compact newsletter that they can read either on their phone or at their desk. If you want to alert your customers about sales, or give them tips from the industry, its easier to put a lot of information onto the newsletter, versus a social media post.
Newsletters also drive people to your website. For many of our clients, we link information back to the site, by adding a ‘read more’ button. This helps your business show up higher on the google algorithms. It is a simple way to help your websites visits per day, and SEO. In addition to this, we also include links to their social sites – such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Helpful tips for a company newsletter:
- Do a fun employee of the month post or employee spotlight
- Highlight birthdays that are coming up within the month
- Create an event section to keep your employees informed
- Include a hard news article in the newsletter
- Use at least 3 pictures – visuals keep readers interested!Helpful tips for a customer newsletter:
- Incorporate at least one picture per article in the newsletter
- Connect all social media on the letter
- Put at least one ‘read more’ button to your site
- Do a fun monthly Q&A, recipe, or interactive contest
- Be sure to use a mobile friendly template
- Keep it short and sweet
- Write a catchy subject line that you would open!
There are always ways to improve your communication with all of the contacts that your business has, and a newsletter is a great addition to your PR and marketing toolbox.